Diane Kruger’s hairstyle for the 72nd Golden Globe Awards was created by celebrity stylist Jen Atkin for Moroccanoil. Diane’s hair is a modern take on retro waves that perfectly complement her ethereal, iridescent gown.
Overall Inspiration: “To complement the ethereal, iridescent fabric of Diane’s dress and gorgeous earrings, I wanted to create a modern version of retro waves. Diane’s hairstyle is soft and elegant.”– Jen Atkin
1. Beginning on damp hair, apply Moroccanoil Root Boost directly to roots and use fingers to pull product throughout the entire head. Next, from mid-lengths to ends, apply Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse and comb through to distribute evenly. This helps create the foundation for volume and texture.
2. Next, section by section, blow dry hair using Moroccanoil’s 35mm Boar Bristle Brush for a soft and smooth finish.
3. Once hair is fully dry, spray hair with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairsprayfor memory and soft hold.
4. With a ½” barrel curling iron, curl 1” sections of the top of hair and set with 2-prong clip to maintain strong curl structure
5. Once the front is set, spritz the back of hair with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairsprayand curl 1” sections with 1” barrel curling iron for retro waves
6. Remove front curls and gently brush out curls with Moroccanoil’s 35mm Boar Bristle Brush
7. With Moroccanoil Professional Series Titanium Ceramic Hairstyling Iron, smooth top of hair and lightly backcomb mid-lengths to ends to give a soft, ethereal vibe
8. Finish with a light mist of Moroccanoil Frizz Control for a veil of shine
Naomi Watts entrusted celebrity hairstylist Cervando for Moroccanoil® to create her glamorous Golden Globes red carpet look. The short haircut and tousled waves combined with her necklace was absolutley stunning.
Overall Inspiration: “I created chic, modern, slightly-retro waves to perfectly compliment Naomi’s personality and style. I loved that the soft, face-framing look felt modern and effortless.” -- Cervando
1. Beginning on damp hair, use fingers to rake a golf ball-sized amount of Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse from root to tip, throughout the entire head. Next, use a comb to distribute the product evenly through hair.
2. Apply Moroccanoil Root Boost throughout the entire head to create a foundation for volume and texture. Then use a comb to create a deep side part. Rough dry with hands.
3. Next, section by section, blow dry hair using Moroccanoil’s 35mm Boar Bristle Round Brush for a soft and smooth finish.
4. Once the hair is fully dry, section off the hair at the top of the head and set in Velcro rollers.
5. Alternating between 1”and 1 ½” curling irons, wrap 1” sections of hair around the barrels—leaving the ends straight—to create a modern, natural wave.
6. Once completed, I removed the Velcro rollers and use the Moroccanoil Classic Boar Bristle Brush to smooth hair into place and sweep the hair across the forehead.
7. Mist the hair with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray to add shine, texture and long-lasting hold.
About Moroccanoil: At Moroccanoil started with the original Moroccanoil Treatment which revolutionized the haircare industry. The company built oareputation on positive word of mouth from runways to salons to editorial spreads. Their antioxidant infused, nutrient rich, innovative formulas are unmatched and provide dramatic results. Salon-exclusive Moroccanoil is preferred by professionals and consumers alike. For more information visit moroccanoil.com.