Exciting news: The International Beauty Show New York kicks off in one week. For three straight days, beauty gurus from all different professions will convene in New York City for the nation's longest-running beauty show, and we hope to see you there.
Among others, one of the show's biggest highlights is the world class education available to attendees, including 100 free classes, pay-to-attend master classes and hands-on workshops. Leading up to the event, we'll be highlighting several speakers that you'll want to add to your list of must-sees. Today, we're sharing some info on Naeemah LaFond.
Who: Naeemah has traveled the Globe as a Platform Artist and educator, sharing her techniques and love for the art of hair styling with her peers. Her techniques have been featured on the pages of Cosmopolitan, Elle, Allure, InStyle, Glamour, and Teen Vogue, among many other international fashion publications.
Today, as the Global Artistic Director for amika, LaFond has fused her love for the art of hairstyling with her passion for education. She has curated and implemented the brand’s educational strategy, performs as a Master Platform artist at industry trade shows and events around the world, and creates the looks behind the brand’s imagery.
What: At this year's IBS, LaFond will be teaching a "Tamed & Textured" class, created to demonstrate how the contrasts between sleek hair and textured hair work to create show-stopping editorial looks. During the class, LaFond will share her coveted techniques for volume, braiding, and precise finishing skills.
Why You Should Attend:
- Never stop learning: Education is vital to the growth and success of all hair dressers. Talent from all over the globe will be sharing all of their secrets. Don't miss out!
- Go for all the feels: Motivation moves mountains and can help you take your career to new heights. Your favorite Artists will be in attendance and sharing their passion, their stories, and their love for hair and the industry.
- Network and rub elbows with like-minded hair stylists looking to take their careers to the next level.
- Stock your kit- Use this opportunity to purchase professional products and tools that will elevate your kit.
- Inspiration: There will be amazing hair everywhere you turn. Your artistic juices will be flowing.