Olivia Culpo - Get The Look - Styled by Matrix Celebrity Stylist Nick Stenson
Nick Stenson on Olivia Culpo's Look: I love Olivia's Lob, and I wanted to give her tousled romantic curls with a center part to show off those amazing cheek bones!
- Start with Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Medium Hair to cleanse and condition in just 5 minutes and then rinse!
- Next, apply Style Link Heat Buffer Thermal Styling Spray on damp hair for extra protection. Then, blow dry hair.
- Part hair down the middle and clip up your first section.
- Then, split hair into horizontal sections and curl each section in a different direction using a 1 inch barrel curling iron.
- Once you get closer to the face, curl hair backwards (away from face).
- To finish the look, use Style Link Texture Builder Messy Finish Spray to give the curls some texture and dimension.
Dylan Penn - Get the Look - Styled By Matrix Celebrity Stylist George Papanikolas
George Papanikolas on Dylan's Look: Dylan is a naturally beautiful girl, and I wanted her hair to be simply feminine to accentuate her natural beauty.
- To achieve Dylan’s feminine, sultry loose waves, apply Style Link Over Achiever to damp hair before blow drying for maximum texture, grip and lasting hold.
- Sub-section hair and spray Style Link Heat Buffer Thermal Styling Spray to protect hair from heat damage. Curl mid-lengths and allow each section to drop and cool.
- To finish and add volume, use Style Link Volume Fixer Volumizing Hair Spray.
Amber Fillerup of Barefoot Blonde - Get The Look - Styled by Matrix Celebrity Stylist Nick Stenson
Nick Stenson on Amber Fillerup's Look: Amber Fillerup of Barefoot Blonde requested a fun braided look, so I went for the 4 Strand braid, which is much easier than it looks! All you have to remember is over and under, and under and over!
- Prep hair with Style Link Texture Builder Messy Finish Spray to give hair all over texture.
- Next, brush the hair to one side and then section hair into four equal strands.
- Start with the side closest to the face and going from right (#1) to left (#4), begin with strands 1, 2, and 3 on the right, disregarding the fourth strand.
- TIP: Adding numbers for each strand will makes it so much easier and helps you get into a numeric rhythm - it's the only time math will be easy!
- Then, braid and strand #1 goes over strand #2 and under strand #3.
- From left to right, you cross #4 to the right and disregard strand #1, then strand number #4 goes under strand #3 and over #2.
- Repeat the last two steps until the end of the hair and secure with an elastic band.
- To give the braid a fun and fuller look, pull on hair to loosen it up and let some fall in front for a natural look.
- To complete the look, add Style Link Height Riser Volumizing Powder to give the roots a lift and finish with Style Link Style Fixer.
About Matrix: The Matrix philosophy is to inspire all salon professionals to transform a passion for beauty into personal success. By sustaining one of the industry's largest teams of educators including colorists and salon owners – Matrix artists remain dedicated to crafting style and motivating others to express personal creativity. Through innovation, education and inspiration, Matrix encourages hairdressers across the globe to share the American dream and imagine all they can be!