During Mercedes Benz Fashion Week, showcasing the collections of Spring 2013, Matrix sponsored Strut: The Fashionable Mom Show, celebrating looks of real moms and hosted by talk show host Wendy Williams and The Moms personalities Melissa Gerstein and Denise Alberts.
The show featured top contemporary designers and brands modeled by real moms ranging from celebrities like Lisa Rinna to entrepreneurs like the Co Founder of The Knot Carley Roney.
Matrix Artistic Designer Robert Santana led a team of Matrix artists to create over 30 mom-worthy hairstyles for the show.
“We’re here to help create individuality and beautiful hair because that’s what Matrix is really all about – beautiful hair and making moms feel great in their own skin,” Santana said.
For the styles, Santana created looks unique for each mom concentrating too on what the moms desired. Executive Vice President of Creative for World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) Stephanie McMahon wanted to shed her WWE image and embrace her mom side. The Matrix team transformed her glossy, straight-hair into voluminous curls. See below for the before and after images and the step-by-step how-to.
Matrix Artistic Designer Robert Santana and the team at the Mercedes Benz Fashion Week tents at Lincoln Center getting ready to style the moms.
1. Prep hair with Silk Wonder Smoothing Oil to add shine.
2. Use a 1 1/4 inch curling iron and wrap hair around the wand. Set hair in pins to cool.
3. Once cool, take hair out of pins and apply Design Pulse Mega Dust throughout curls. (Matrix educators’ secret weapon!)
4. Then apply Total Results Curl Super DeFrizzer to smooth out curls before back combing the curls with your fingers.
5. Smooth hair down on the top with a comb and leave volume on the bottom for dramatic curls.