For the Tibi Fall/Winter 2014 collection, the design story was about the intersection of the pastoral and the urban, said Tibi designer Amy Smilovic.
“We wanted the hair to express a clean, natural feel but still convey soul and a refined grittiness," Smilovic said. "Imagine a natural beauty from the countryside who has the energy and je ne sais quoi of an urbanite. From the clothing to the hair, we wanted to show how these contrasting forces can co-exist.”
To honor Smilovic's vision, Aveda Global Creative Director Antoinette Beenders created a “country girl meets urbanite” look complete with pretty slight waves and a funky tight center braid. "We completed each look by tousling and running new Aveda Dry Remedy Daily Moisturizing Oil through the hair for extra moisture and shine,” said Beenders. “This look is so wearable and so easy to do that I think it is going to be a great hit both on and off the runway.”
Below is the complete how-to of how to achieve this look:
1. Begin by spraying Pure Abundance Style Prep liberally into the hair all over to boost volume and to create some really great texture.
2. Take an inch wide section of hair right at the top of the head at the hairline and create a tight braid down the center of the head. Stop braiding at the crown and use an elastic that matches the hair color so it disappears into the hair.
3. Take a small section of hair above the left ear and braid down to the end. Repeat on the right side and connect both braids underneath the hair at the nape of neck to hold hair away from face.
4. Create 3 large, loose braids with the remainder of hair at the back and quickly clamp a flat iron down them. Gently unravel, tousle and run Dry Remedy Moisturizing Oil through hair for soft, gentle waves with a little shine.
5. Finish off the look with a misting of Control Force Hair Spray all over for a strong but barely-there hold. For hair that needs more moisture incorporate Dry Remedy Moisturizing Shampoo and Dry Remedy Moisturizing Conditioner into hair care routine in addition to Dry Remedy Moisturizing Oil.
SEE IT HERE