To go with the island vibe of Sophie Theallet’s spring/summer 2015 collection, Julie Kandalec for Essie created a negative space double French tip nail using Fiji—a light rose color—and Turquoise and Caicos—a tropical aqua hue—on fingers. For toes, she used one coat of soft pink Mademoiselle.
To get the manicure:
1. Apply First Base base coat to the tip of the nail
2. Brush on a neat arc across the tip of the nail with two coats of Fiji
3. To clean up the line, dip an angled eyeliner brush in polish remover
4. Brush on a neat arc on the very tip of the nail with two layers of Turquoise and Caicos, covering over half of the Fiji arc
5. Once dry, apply one coat of First Base base coat over the entire nail
6. Finish with Good to Go Top Coat
1. Apply Ridge Filling Base Coat
2. Apply one coat of Mademoiselle
3. Follow with Good to Go Top Coat
For hair, lead stylist Peter Gray crafted a slicked-back wet look to complement the beachy vibe. He applied René Furterer Volumea volumizing foam and combed it through to the ends with a wide-tooth comb. He then misted sections of hair with Volumea Volumizing Conditioning Spray and combed through. These steps were repeated a few times, rewetting the hair with water before reapplying products.