Inspired by the soft sensuality and opium desire of the 1920’s Gatsby-era, Antonio Corral Calero created the glamorous faux-bob style at the Marchesa F/W 2015 show.
GET THE LOOK:
- Starting with damp hair, apply a cocktail of Moroccanoil Treatment and Volumizing Mousse from root-to-tip to create the perfect styling foundation. To ensure lift, apply Moroccanoil Root Boost to the roots of the hair throughout the entire head. Rough dry hair.
- Once dry, create deep left side part. The part should start directly above the arch of the brow and continue to the crown of the head on a slightly rounded angle.
- Beginning at the nape of the neck, wrap ½” sections of hair backwards around a ¾” barrel iron. Continue this motion until you reach the crown.
- At the sides and top of the head, wrap ½” sections of hair forwards (towards the face) around a ¾” barrel iron. The change in motion will allow the hair to fall into a 20’s finger curl wave pattern.
- Once cooled, brush through hair with the Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Classic Brush. This will drop the tight curls into soft, shiny waves.
- Next pull the hair at the back of the head into a low, loose ponytail and secure with a clear elastic. Roll the pony under—tucking in all of the hair—and secure to the nape of the neck with bobby pins. This will create the faux bob.
- With fingers, comb and roll the hair at the sides back and under, and secure into the bob at the back of the head. Then loosen up the waves with fingers for an undone, natural look.
- Mist the entire style with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray for strong hold, and then finish with Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine.
About: Moroccanoil started with the original Moroccanoil Treatment which revolutionized the haircare industry. The company built oareputation on positive word of mouth from runways to salons to editorial spreads. Their antioxidant infused, nutrient rich, innovative formulas are unmatched and provide dramatic results. Salon-exclusive Moroccanoil is preferred by professionals and consumers alike. For more information visit moroccanoil.com.