Gabriela Cadena: Hair by Tomo Jidai
For designer Gabriela Cadena’s debut runway show, which featured incredible 360-degree New York City views from the 64thfloor of One World Trade Center and an all-star model lineup including Anna Ewers, Lindsey Wixson, Frankie Rayder, Jourdan Dunn, Ming Xi and Binx Walton, hairstylist Tomo Jidai created a simple and modern look to complement Cadena’s red carpet-worthy collection. “We were very excited about the models for the show,” said Jidai. “So we wanted to focus on their natural beauty, and the dresses, with simple hair inspired by the late ’90s.”
Get the Look:
1. Prep the hair with Foundation Mistand create a clean—but not strong—center part.
2. For fine hair, apply Maximista Thickening Spray. If your hair is thicker, use Surfcomber Tousled Texture Mousse.Blow-dry and tuck the hair behind the ears.
3. Apply Supershine Light Moisturizing Creamthrough the lengths of the hair for a sleek and effortless look.
Kempner: Hair by Ramona Eschbach
To complement Kempner’s ’70s-inspired collection for Fall 2015, hairstylist Ramona Eschbach created soft, natural waves that went perfectly with the models’ Studio 54-ready ensembles.
Get the Look:
1. Wet the hair with Foundation Mist,then apply Grandiose Hair Plumping Mousseto the roots.
2. Blow-dry for natural, smooth and clean hair.
3. Spray Imperméable Anti-Humidity Sprayon the hair section by section. Use a curling iron to curl each section by creating a figure-eight around the iron rod.
4. Finish the look with Dry Texturizing Spray.
Jill Stuart: Hair by James Pecis
Jill Stuart had a ‘70s vibe running through her Fall/Winter 2015, so lead hairstylist James Pecis wove the fun, young, free-spirited feel of that era into the hair look. “Some key words to describe this woman and her soft, perfectly imperfect waves are renegade, poetic and sultry,” Pecis explained. “She’s very cool and she’s having a blast. She’s an individual.”
1. Create a soft center part that looks natural. Spray Maximista Thickening Spray into the lengths and blow-dry it in.
2. Bend sections around a 1-1 1⁄2” curling iron in alternating directions to create a flat, natural wave.
3. If curls look too perfect or “done,” spray Foundation Mist onto hands and run through the curls to break them up a bit. 4. Use Dry Texturizing Sprayto create more texture, if needed.
Yigal Azrouël: Hair by James Pecis
Yigal Azrouël was inspired by art movements such as Russian Modernism and Supremetism when creating his Fall/Winter 2015 collection, and he included many geometric elements into his designs. To complement the clothing, key hairstylist James Pecis created a very clean and controlled hair look with a strong center part and blunt ends.
1. Saturate the hair with Foundation Mistand create a strong center part. Cut the hair (or hair extensions) in a very straight line across the bottom.
2. Spray Maximista Thickening Spraythroughout the lengths to add strength and control to the hair and blow-dry with a flat brush.
3. Use Superfine Strong Hair Sprayat the sides to add a little shine and keep them lightly slicked back.
The Blonds: Hair by Kien Hoang
The Blonds looked to the famous Stanley Kubrick film Clockwork Orange to inspire their Fall 2015 collection, which consisted of couture-style garments that were hand stitched and embroidered. For their military-themed runway show at Milk Studios, The Blonds--and hairstylist Kien Hoang--wanted each model to have a very similar look. “They were supposed to be carbon copies of each other,” explained Hoang. “So we used waist-length blonde hair pieces to tie the looks together.” Using Oribe products, Hoang created a big-and-sleek style at the top, then attached the blonde hair to fall down the length of their back. Kien gave each model a tight double French twist in the back to hide away some of the hair and form a base on which to secure the blonde pieces.
Get the Look:
1. Divide the hair into two sections by clipping the hair at the top of the head. For the bottom section, flat-iron the hair with Soft Lacquer Heat Styling Spray.
2. Create a double French twist with the bottom section of the hair, which will serve as a base for the blonde hair piece.
3. Prep the blonde hair piece with Shine Light Reflecting Spray and place it between the two hair sections.
4. Unclip the top section of the hair and spray Dry Texturizing Spray at the roots. Backcomb the hair for height and volume.
5. Use Imperméable Anti-Humidity Sprayand a Mason Pearson brush to brush back the hair, forming a square shape. Use Original Pomadeto slick back the sides of the hair.
6. Finish the look with Superfine Strong Hair Spray.
About: Oribe Hair Care was founded in 2009 by renowned hairstylist Oribe Canales and industry veterans Daniel Kaner and Tevya Finger. Oribe Hair Care crafts exclusive artisanal blends of the finest hair formulations for the glamorous and hair-obsessed. Built upon a rich heritage of hairstyling, fashion and artistry, this truly unique collection was created for taste-driven individuals who know that personal style, perfectly expressed and paired with excellence, is the ultimate luxury. To learn more visit oribe.com