Oribe found inspiration in—what else?—Hollywood for Vanity Fair’s 2015 Hollywood Issue. Oribe created the glamorous styles seen on the female cover stars. For Bright Eyes star Amy Adams, it was a bombshell blowout with a lot of movement.
Wild’s Reese Witherspoon got a classic set, and The Theory of Everything’s Felicity Jones showcased a soft updo reminiscent of the looks Oribe has created for recent Dolce & Gabbana campaigns.
Oribe noted that Sienna Miller had an amazing cut and incredible natural texture, so he simply detailed her air-dried locks with Rough Luxury Soft before having her run her hands through it to keep if from looking like too much of a hairdo. “The actresses were all extremely gracious and behaved like the superstars they are,” Oribe said. Learn how to achieve Adams’, Witherspoon’s and Jones’ classically beautiful styles.
Get the look: Amy Adams
1. Mist hair lightly with Royal Blowout Heat Styling Spray and power-dry.
2. Set hair with large hot rollers and allow rollers to cool. “Amy was very excited about this technique and wanted to buy hot rollers immediately,” Oribe recalled.
3. Spray with Impermeable Anti-Humidity Spray for hold.
Get the look: Reese Witherspoon
1. Curl hair section-by-section using a 1 ½-inch curling iron. Spray each section with Impermeable Anti-Humidity Spray before curling. Add Soft Lacquer Heat-Styling Spray on each section if you need extra hold and shine. Pin the curls in place.
2. Let curls cool while makeup is being done, then remove pins and brush through the curls.
3. Apply Soft Dry Conditioner Spray throughout the hair and brush again.
4. Spray Dry Texturizing Spray at the roots for volume.
5. Finish the look with Superfine Hair Spray.
Get the look: Felicity Jones
1. Apply Grandiose Hair Plumping Mousse to wet hair for a voluminous blowout.
2. Power-dry hair until it is just damp.
3. Pin-curl the hair to achieve a natural-looking texture of curls and waves and let hair dry completely. “This is a good time to do your makeup,” Oribe advised.
4. Pull the pins out and brush through the curls using a flat brush.
5. Loosely pin hair back in hair into a desirable shape, kind of like his Dolce & Gabbana campaign looks.
About: Oribe Hair Care was founded in 2009 by renowned hairstylist Oribe Canales and industry veterans Daniel Kaner and Tevya Finger. Oribe Hair Care crafts exclusive artisanal blends of the finest hair formulations for the glamorous and hair-obsessed. Built upon a rich heritage of hairstyling, fashion and artistry, this truly unique collection was created for taste-driven individuals who know that personal style, perfectly expressed and paired with excellence, is the ultimate luxury. To learn more visit oribe.com
Image Credits: Annie Leibovitz – Photographer, Amy Adams – Actor, Benedict Cumberbatch – Actor, Channing Tatum – Actor, David Oyelowo – Actor, Eddie Redmayne – Actor, Felicity Jones – Actor, Miles Teller – Actor, Reese Witherspoon – Actor, Sienna Miller - Actor