Eager to show off your skills as a colorist? Here's your opportunity to demonstrate the power of a hair color makeover—from subtle and refined to creative and avant-garde. Paul Mitchell invites master colorists to join the third annual Color Outside the Lines competition to demonstrate their hair-coloring skills.
Using Paul Mitchell Professional Hair Color and lightener products to achieve the final look, eligible colorists can enter the contest as either Best National Entry (licensed professionals in U.S. and Canada only) and Best Student Entry (enrolled in cosmetology school within the U.S.). New to the contest this year, entrants can choose one of two categories for their submissions: Natural Makeover or Creative Makeover. Entries will be accepted beginning January 1, 2018 through April 1, 2018, where by participants may enter for a chance to win some incredible prizes, including a special feature in a trade magazine and a trip to this year's Gathering, Paul Mitchell's industry extravaganza, to showcase their work during an on-stage presentation.
- Natural Makeover: a salon-friendly look using natural tones
- Creative Makeover: an avant-garde look using fashion tones
How to Enter
- Visit paulmitchell.com/cotl and choose a category.
- Create your entry look and secure all releases.
- Upload your entry and complete a submission form.
- 70 percent: hair color technique, choice of colors, and how the hair color respects the cut and style
- 30 percent: overall vision, creativity and interpretation of trend
- Entries accepted starting January 1, 2018
- Entries must be uploaded by Sunday, April 1, 2018, 11:59 p.m. PST
- Finalist announced May 15, 2018
- Finalist presentations at Gathering in Las Vegas, Nevada in July 2018