Following the tragic Azana Salon & Spa shooting in Wisconsin this October, more than 80 Milwaukee area salons and spas will participate in a fundraising effort on November 13 to support victims and raise awareness of domestic violence—a factor in three recent salon shootings, including those in Clearwater, FL, and Seal Beach, CA.
The Professional Beauty Association’s Cut It Out program is supporting this effort by donating collateral materials to participating salons and accepting contributions for the Azana Victims Fund.
“The tremendous support of Milwaukee area salons and spas for this grassroots effort has been amazing,” says Jan Seybold, owner of Carenza Color.Cutting.Experience. and one of several organizers. “We encourage people to visit a participating salon or spa on November 13 to support the victims of this tragic incident and send a message that domestic violence is not tolerated.”
Here’s how to participate:
- Sign up to receive complimentary Cut It Out collateral materials for your salon, spa or school at www.cutitout.org. Materials are available in English and Spanish and contain the National Domestic Violence Hotline, 1-800-799-SAFE.
- Host a Cut It Out day at your salon, spa or business on Tuesday, November 13, 2012. Participating businesses are donating 5-25 percent of the day's sales.
- Donations for the Azana Victims Fund can be made at any Associated Bank branch or mailed to Associated Bank, 1 N. Moorland Road, Brookfield, WI 53005 and made payable to "Benefit of Azana Salon & Spa."
- Donations are also accepted through Cut It Out and can be mailed to PBA, 15825 N. 71st Street, Suite 100, Scottsdale, AZ 85254.Make or buy purple ribbons and place them at your front desk and ask for a $5 donation for the Azana Victims Fund. (Ready-made ribbons and bracelets can be purchased at www.fundraisingforacause.com.)
- Promote your participation through your social networks.