PureologyÂ and its website, pureology.com, recently won Gold at the International Academy of Visual Artâ€™s (IAVA) annual W3 Awards in the beauty and cosmetics category. TheÂ W3 Awards honor websites, web video and online marketing programs for creative excellence and marketing professionalism on the web. The awards are judged by the IAVA, an invitation-only body consisting of top-tier professionals from media, interactive, advertising and marketing firms. Websites entries are judged on the following factors: creativity, usability, navigation, functionality, visual design and ease of use.
In March 2009, Pureology redesigned pureology.com to feature new brand imagery, a dynamic homepage and an expandable interactive framework. Key features include:
- Hair Consultation Tool: Gives consumers expert recommendations on both products and treatments
- Discover Pureology: Shares Pureologyâ€™s history as well as explains the brandâ€™s involvement in two cause marketing initiatives, National Ovarian Cancer Coalition and Global Green
- Pureology Connect: Allows consumers to stay connected with the brand through multiple social media networks including Facebook, Twitter, DIGG, Delicious and Stumble Upon, as well access to newsletter updates and the Pureology desktop widget
- The Pureology Systems: Brand and product knowledge
- Salon Locator: Quick and easy tool to locate the closest Pureology salon
- News and Offers: Latest information on events, editorial credits and contests