Rebecca Minkoff, fashion designer and essie’s Global Color Designer, crowd sourced three nail looks created by Michelle Saunders for essie this season. The winning design, “lucite sunset,” was directly inspired by the chunky lucite heels found throughout the Spring/Summer 2016 footwear collection. The pastel polish shades also perfectly complemented the color palette.
1. Apply first base coat to clean, filed nails.
2. Next, trim a makeup sponge in half and use the side that’s more narrow to create the ombre sunset.
3. From top to bottom, layer the sponge in thin, horizontal lines with tarte deco, marshmallow, beach bum blu and midnight cami.
4. Sponge ombre sunset pattern on each finger, making sure tarte deco is always at the base; colors will need to be reapplied to the sponge every other nail.
5. Then, apply one coat of spaghetti strap over each nail to “soften the sunset."
6. Finish with gel.setter top coat.
About: America’s nail salon expert since 1981, essie was founded in New York City by Essie Weingarten, the authority on color. essie is beloved for a visionary approach to nail lacquer featuring catchy, clever names that created a new standard for the category. A leader in luxury, essie is the go-to nail brand for beauty professionals, industry insiders, celebrities and women of style in over 100 countries. essie is committed to safe standards with an award-winning line of nail care products and more than 900 shades created to date. www.essie.com.