Joico aligned with fashion designer Rebecca Vallance as official haircare sponsor for her Spring/Summer 2016 Collection showcased at New York Fashion Week earlier today. Joico was not only the main sponsor of the designer’s show but also directed and created all the hair looks, headed by Joico Celebrity Hairstylist and Spokesperson Paul Norton, whose high profile clients include Gina Rodriguez and Robin Wright. During the partnership, Joico will also work with the Australian fashion designer to create the hair-looks that will grace the model images of her look-books.
The show, titled POP NOIR took place earlier today, September 10th 2015, from 9:30 AM – 10:30 AM at The Space At Skylight Clarkson Square in New York. POP NOIR explores the juxtaposition between Hollywood’s Film Noir and the pop culture of the 1970’s. Under Paul’s guidance, he and a handpicked team of top Joico stylists created glamourous and iconic looks as envisioned by Rebecca, to perfectly frame her tailored designs.
Working to bring to life Rebecca’s vision for her showcase, Paul’s unique hairstyle look truly complemented the Rebecca Vallance Spring/Summer 2016 collection, which is all about luscious volume without bulk, and positively radiant shine. Starting with very smooth hair at the crown of the head, Paul focused on a creating a hair look that was a modern take on the 70’s by adding texture and volume, starting mid-length through the ends with a contemporary curl.
Get the Look:
1. The foundation of the look is hair that is rich in color and luminosity! And because healthy hair is happy hair and great looking hair, use color-infusing/balancing shampoos and conditioners to get vibrant hair color and shine.
2. Once hair is washed, prep damp hair with Joico’s Heat Set focusing on the roots. Distribute evenly throughout the hair. This helps to reduce drying time, de-frizz and allows for great weightless styling control.
3. Using a round brush, blow-dry hair starting from the roots, angling the nozzle downward so hair is ultra-smooth and flat at the crown. Follow-through to the ends, rounding under slightly.
4. Once hair is dry, spray the hair with Joico IronClad and flatiron starting at the root area down about 2 inches.
5. Using a large curling iron or a wand, curl 1 inch sections of hair away from the face. The curl should begin several inches away from the root (avoiding the area that was previously flat ironed) and continue through to the ends.
6. Once hair is curled, use a large paddle brush and vigorously brush through all of the curls, to create a super glamorous full and bouncy wave.
7. Finish the look using Joico’s all-star Hair Shake. Start from the bottom and work your way up to add instant texture and volume. Section out the hair and lightly finger backcomb the hair, so it stacks on top of itself to fill out the ends.
8. For the final step, tilt head back allowing the hair to dangle down freely and set the style with Joico’s Flip Turn hairspray for added body and flexible hold.
Paul also styled Rebecca Vallance’s hair for the showcase, using his go-to Hair Shake to create that perfectly casual yet chic tousled wave that shown through with healthy texture.
About: Joico, a division of Zotos, Inc., a Shiseido company, has been leading the healthy-hair revolution since 1975 and together with the latest innovations in hair care creating beautiful, healthy hair to lift your soul and inspire confidence. “Joi” is not only in our name, it runs through everything we do and every product we make. Each and every one of our product innovations are created to help return hair to its strongest, shiniest, healthiest state, even after one use, and with every use thereafter. Sharing the “’JOI’ of Healthy Hair” is more than just a promise, it’s a guarantee.