“This look is perfect for the girl who hasn’t had a shampoo in a couple of days and wants to do something other than a ponytail or a braid. I don’t think it matters what color your skin is or what texture your hair is, women are looking for ways to extend their blowout with styles that will keep them looking chic and fresh in between washes. The clothes in Carmen’s collection this season are really funky and cool – he kind of wanted them to look like school girls and boys. The hairstyles I created for both the women and men in this show are perfect preppy look for school days. It’s cool, it’s downtown, it’s fresh and the texture is amazing!” -Ted Gibson
Get The Look:
1. Prep the hair with mousse and texturizing spray.
2. Rough dry using your hands to create a dry textured look.
3. Go through with curling iron to create a loose wave, then go over with a flat iron to achieve desired texture careful not to remove all of the wave.
4. Back comb at the crown for volume.
5. With your hands guide the hair away from the face and to the right not creating any parting in the hair.
6. Twist right side back away from the face the center back of the head leaving hair out in front of the ear.
7. Do the same on the left side meeting in the middle but not overlapping the first twist.
8. Create a second twist on the left side underneath the first coming a little further over to create an asymmetric look, secure with bobby pins.
9. Using fingers pull out hair from the front right side to create more texture around the face.
10. Insert black comb on the right side behind the bang area.
11. Pull out some hair at the back crown to achieve a messy "school girl" look.
12. Finish with holding spray.
About: Ted Gibson is one of the most sought-after editorial, runway, and celebrity hair stylists in the business. His work has appeared in publications such as Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar,Elle, Marie Claire, Vanity Fair, People StyleWatch, W, and Allure and backstage at runway shows such as Chanel, Prada, Dolce & Gabbana. He is also a huge influence and presence at both Fall and Spring New York Fashion Week styling some of the top American fashion designer labels including Pamella Roland, Carmen Marc Valvo and Lela Rose. To find out more information visit tedgibsonbeauty.com.