Ted Gibson, celebrity hairstylist, styled Idina Menzel for her surprise appearance at the 87th Academy Awards. Here’s how to get her look:
Mid-length Glamour Step-by-step:
1. I started off on damp hair and applied a blowdrying spray for volume and texture, mousse for even more volume and styling gel for sleekness.
2. I then roughdried her hair. It’s important to use a nozzle when blowdrying hair because it creates constant heat and direction.
3. After the blow dry, I parted her hair in a deep side part for volume and ultimate shine. I then sectioned off the hair from ear to ear and pinned the top section of her hair using a dual bristle brush of nylon and boar for separation, volume and smoothing.
4. Next, I attached a mid -length fall. This is a great way to create a faux bob for yourself without having to cut your hair!
5. I then curled her entire head using a mid - sized marcel iron.
6. Next, I backcombed the top of her head to give her that classic, youthful yet Old Hollywood look. I finished with holding spray to keep it all in place and she was ready to face John Travolta!
About: Ted Gibson is one of the most sought-after editorial, runway, and celebrity hair stylists in the business. His work has appeared in publications such as Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, Elle, Marie Claire, Vanity Fair, People StyleWatch, W, and Allure and backstage at runway shows such as Chanel, Prada, Dolce & Gabbana. To learn more visit tedgibsonbeauty.com.