Warm cozy knits in shades of navy, light blue, white, beige and ivory are featured prominently in Jonathan Simkhai’s Fall/Winter 2016 runway show. To carry this sentiment through to the nails, Rita Remark for essie chose coordinating shades find me an oasis, wrap me up, all eyes on nudes, marshmallow and midnight cami on nails. To enhance the cozy feeling she applied matte about you, and then used gel.setter top coat to create a textured cable knit sweater design as an accent on the middle and ring fingers.
essie nail products used: ridge filling base coat, find me an oasis, wrap me up , all eyes on nudes, marshmallow, midnight cami, matte about you, gel.setter top coat
Get the look:
1. Apply ridge filling base coat to clean, filed nails
2. Next, apply two coats of find me an oasis, wrap me up, all eyes on nudes, marshmallow or midnight cami to all nails (pick color of choice)
3. Then, apply one coat of matte about you to all nails
4. Create cable knit sweater design on the middle and ring fingers of both hands by first drawing, with a striping brush dipped in gel.setter top coat, diagonal “S” shapes down the middle section of the nail
5. Then, using a striping brush dipped in gel.setter top coat, draw two evenly spaced vertical lines down the nail on booth side of the "S" shapes
6. To finish the pattern, using a striping brush dipped in gel.setter top coat, apply diagonal downward strokes down both outer sections of the nail
*The cable knit sweater design is only featured on middle and ring fingers of both hands; color varies from model to model
About: America’s nail salon expert since 1981, essie was founded in New York City by Essie Weingarten, the authority on color. essie is beloved for a visionary approach to nail lacquer featuring catchy, clever names that created a new standard for the category. A leader in luxury, essie is the go-to nail brand for beauty professionals, industry insiders, celebrities and women of style in over 100 countries. essie is committed to safe standards with an award-winning line of nail care products and more than 900 shades created to date. www.essie.com.