Allergan Aesthetics, an AbbVie company, has announced the launch of SkinMedica Even & Correct Collection. Clinically proven and formulated to deliver targeted results, these three products work separately and together to even skin tone and reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation and dark spots on the face: Advanced Brightening Treatment, Dark Spot Cream, and Brightening Treatment Pads.
"Hyperpigmentation is the second-highest professional-grade skincare concern seen in-office (as shown in 2021 Kline Professional Skin Care Executive Study) with demand for effective treatment continuing to rise," said Carrie Strom, president, Global Allergan Aesthetics and senior vice president, AbbVie. "With a formulation backed by science, our R&D team has developed an innovative collection to meet patients where they are in their hyperpigmentation journey. SkinMedica continues to be a category leader innovating for all patient skin types."
"Hyperpigmentation is a complex, emotional condition that is often misunderstood and can be difficult to treat as diverse skin types and tones present with hyperpigmentation and respond to treatment in different ways," said Dr. Corey L. Hartman, Board-certified dermatologist and founder of Skin Wellness Dermatology in Birmingham, AL. "My approach to hyperpigmentation treatment for my patients are nuanced and multimodal to treat existing discoloration and prevent future spots by targeting the root cause. The collection is a customizable and comprehensive approach that can be used together or individually to help target a broad spectrum of unwanted hyperpigmentation conditions, including melasma and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH) and effectively targets six critical pathways associated with melanogenesis."
The SkinMedica® Even & Correct products are hydroquinone-free, well tolerated, and effective on all skin types and for multiple ethnicities. Results can be amplified in-offices by receiving a DiamondGlow® treatment with Even & Correct Advanced Brightening Pro-Infusion Serum.
"Patent-pending and exclusive to SkinMedica, the LTN Complex used in the Even & Correct collection features Ultra-Concentrated Lotus Sprout Extract enriched in phytochemicals through a specialized extraction process to harness the most powerful properties that address skin discoloration, Tranexamic Acid to reduce the appearance of dark spots and Niacinamide to reduce the appearance of skin discoloration and fine lines," said Dr. Prithwiraj Maitra, executive director, Global Skincare R&D, Allergan Aesthetics. "In clinical studies, individuals saw visibly brighter, more even skin tone in as little as one week. (Data on file at SkinMedica)"
- SkinMedica Even & Correct Advanced Brightening Treatment: A powerful daily serum to help target and prevent visible discoloration.
- 83 percent of patients agreed that "the serum improved the evenness of my skin tone," at week 8 (n=108)
- 80 percent agreed "it makes my skin look less dull," at week 8 (n=108)
- 84 percent agreed "it improved the overall appearance of my skin," at week 12 (n=110)
- SkinMedica Even & Correct Dark Spot Cream: A heavy-duty, targeted, fast-acting spot treatment booster that minimizes the look of dark spots.
- 75 percent of patients agreed that "it improved the appearance of uneven skin tone and discolorations," at week 8 (n=41)
- 74 percent agreed "it visibly reduced the size of dark spots," at week 8 (n=41)
- 78 percent agreed "it visibly reduced the size and intensity of my uneven pigment," at week 8 (n=41)
- 78 percent agreed "it reduced the appearance of my sunspots," at week 12 (n=41)
- SkinMedica Even & Correct Brightening Treatment Pads: Alcohol-free brightening pads exfoliate and help reduce the appearance of dullness and uneven tone and texture.
SkinMedica Even & Correct Advanced Brightening Treatment ($178 MSRP), SkinMedica Even & Correct Dark Spot Cream ($88 MSRP), and SkinMedica Even & Correct Brightening Treatment Pads ($60 MSRP) are available for purchase at SkinMedica.com, and through a network of licensed physicians and medically supervised spas.