Redken Brand Ambassador Rodney Cutler capitalized on chic romance at Monique Lhuillier’s Spring 2018 Bridal Show. “We went for a more natural, chic look at the Monique show. It’s a simple look, since the dresses are so spectacular. I was inspired by a ballerina bun that a girl could do herself at home. I pulled the hair back into a low ballerina bun and raked my hands through it for a bit of a natural airy, texture, while finishing with Redken’s Fashion Work 12 Versatile Working Spray and topping off some of the models’ hair with a floral embellishment. The hair is a fun, beautiful look that doesn’t take away from the clothes.” – Redken Brand Ambassador Rodney Cutler.
Get the Look:
1. Prep hair with Redken Guts 10 Volume Spray Foam for volume and light texture.
2. Blow dry the product through the hair with flat brush, brushing the hair away from face.
3. Using a 1” curling iron, curl throughout the length for added texture.
4. Using your fingers, rake hair back into a not-too-tight ponytail, allowing baby hairs to fall.
5. Taking the length of the ponytail, fold hair in half into itself to create a modern ballerina bun.
6. Utilize bobby pins as needed to hold the bun.
7. Finish with Redken’s Fashion Work 12 Versatile Working Spray to add soft hold and shine.
For over 50 years Redken’s foundation has been based on extensive scientific knowledge and the belief in, and support of, the expertise of salon professionals. Redken provides salon professionals with innovative products, inspiring education and exclusive salon programs to be as successful and profitable as possible. Located in New York, Redken is also at the forefront of trends and has created a strong relationship with the fashion industry. As a result, Redken has become a leader in backstage beauty, creating the runway looks for the industry’s most prestigious designers. A unique mix of fashion, innovation and inspiration, Redken provides salon professionals and consumers the ultimate professional edge. For more information, visit RedkenPro.com, like Redken on Facebook or follow on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Periscope @Redken5thAve.