If your client is looking to change up their color for spring, try opting for a coppery red to spice things up a bit. Kristina Maccaro, salon owner and stylist at Love Lane Salon in Jersey City, NJ, gave her client a vibrant copper shade that could make even the most hesitant client want to go red. Here, Maccaro shares the formula with us.
- STARTING LEVEL: 5
- Global new growth retouch: COLOR.ME by KEVIN.MURPHY (40g 5.86 + 60g 30-volume developer)
- Face frame new growth retouch: COLOR.ME by KEVIN.MURPHY (5g 5.7 + 5g 5.86 with 15g 30-volume developer)
- Gloss: COLOR.ME by KEVIN.MURPHY (30g 11.0 + 10g 6.4 + 8g yellow booster with 60g 10-volume developer)
- Section out and isolate face frame for babylight highlights.
- Apply babylight highlights to faceframe working down in your section towards the hairline. Apply using a pattern of two weaves and ending with fine slices. When applying the lightener, father the product upwards allowing room for the new growth retouch formula.
- Apply face frame new growth formula to the new growth in between foils.
- Apply Global New Growth Retouch formula globally. Let all formulas process for 45 minutes.
- After color has processed, rinse all formulas. Spray with KEVIN.MURPHY STAYING.ALIVE and cleanse with RE.STORE to balance pH and begin to close the cuticle.
- Blow-dry the hair to prep for gloss.
- Apply gloss formula globally from root to end. Process for 25 minutes.
- After gloss has processed, rinse, spray with KEVIN.MURPHY STAYING.ALIVE and cleanse with RE.STORE to balance pH and begin to close the cuticle.