Our love for Instagram-worthy haircolor runs deep (we're looking at you, rose gold), but the harsh reality is that hair trends change so frequently and it's difficult to keep up. That's why we're big fans of timeless shades that are always on-trend, like platinum blondes or deep brunettes.
Kate Dattilo (@hair_bykate), a Connecticut-based balayage specialist, likes to add her own unique flare to the classics that we know and love. Here, she shares the formula for one of her recent dark chocolate creations.
GET THE LOOK
*Client started with two inches of level 6/7 natural, old balayage and level 4 grow-out band.
- BASE: Melt Oligo Professional Calura 4B + Demi Effect Developer Lotion into teased, painted waves.
- Blend the lightener with your fingers using Redken Up to 7 De-Dusted Lightener (30 volume).
- Pick up a few panels and add the Calura 4B throughout.
- Apply an all-over gloss using Redken Shades EQ 7NB with 13-volume developer.
- Process for 45 minutes.
- Treat with Truss Professional AMINO.