To celebrate the start of New York Fashion Week, we're looking back on some of our favorite styles from past seasons.
Last season, Redken Global Creative Director Guido capitalized on braided texture at Alexander McQueen’s FW 2017 Show. “At McQueen, it’s all about soft, romantic hair. I’ve added some extensions into the hair but left the models’ natural lengths showing so it almost looks like they did it themselves. It feels a bit Pagan and witchy while at the same time, authentically McQueen. I’m using Braid Aid 03 to make the braids then gently brushing them out for some softness,” says Guido.
GET THE LOOK:
- Create a clean center part using fingers, keeping the hairline soft.
- Divide hair into five to eight sections, depending on thickness of the hair.
- Use a pea-sized amount of Braid Aid 03 to each section. Braid each section tightly, starting at the root all the way to the ends.
- Run a flat iron over each of the braids for a few seconds to enhance the texture, and follow with a blow dryer to help set. Allow hair to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Take out the braids.
- Use your fingers to gently tousle for added texture.
- For a light hold, finish with a spritz of Fashion Work 12 Hairspray.
About: For over 50 years Redken’s foundation has been based on extensive scientific knowledge and the belief in, and support of, the expertise of salon professionals. Redken provides salon professionals with innovative products, inspiring education and exclusive salon programs to be as successful and profitable as possible. Located in New York, Redken is also at the forefront of trends and has created a strong relationship with the fashion industry. As a result, Redken has become a leader in backstage beauty, creating the runway looks for the industry’s most prestigious designers. A unique mix of fashion, innovation and inspiration, Redken provides salon professionals and consumers the ultimate professional edge. For more information, visit RedkenPro.com.