When Alexander Wang started in the fashion industry as an intern for Vogue and Teen Vogue, it's safe to assume few imagined he'd one day debut his F/W collection in the same building to a crowd of notables, including the one and only Anna Wintour.
Sticking to a corporate theme, Wang brought boss-lady vibes to the forefront of his collection and the hairstyles followed suit. Redken Global Creative Director Guido Palau capitalized on the '80s power woman at the show, incorporating one of the biggest stables of that era: the banana clip.
“This is Wang's take on the '80s power woman, when we first saw female empowerment in the office," Palau says. "The hair is sort of an ironic take on that power woman with the inclusion of the custom-made Alexander Wang silver banana clips. It feels young, with a slight irony to it. The shine and hold from Redken Forceful 23 hairspray gives it a strong and chic vibe.”
Get the Look
1. Apply Redken Mess Around 10 to the front of the hairline, then section by section from the ears to the top of the head.
2. Comb through to evenly distribute with a wide-toothed comb to achieve definition. Allow the comb marks to show throughout your crown in intentional lines, starting at your forehead and moving towards the back of your head.
3. Spray Redken Forceful 23 hairspray throughout your crown for a strong hold, and begin pulling pieces back into a ponytail.
4. Secure with a black elastic.
5. Twist the ponytail into a low chignon. Add a banana clip over the chignon.
6. Use the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer with the professional concentrator to smooth the hair and give it an added, continuous shape.
7. Apply a second layer of Redken Forceful 23 hairspray as you blow your hair dry to seal the style.