New York Fashion Week: Michael Costelllo Fall/Winter 2017
Hair by Kien Hoang using Oribe Hair Care
This season the Michael Costello collection was about glamorous, sexy vixens. Kien Hoang used Oribe Hair Care to create what he describes as “a rock and roll feel” with the hair by creating afro textures on the models’ natural hair.
Get the Look:
- Section off a Mohawk so that the hair is divided into sections.
- Starting in the front, spray hair with Impermeable Anti-Humidity Spray ($41) and do a tight figure 8 set by winding the hair in and out to create a zig zag pattern. Secure with large U pins, and directing the pin set going forward.
- Repeat throughout the entire head.
- After all the hair is pinned, press a flat iron on the hair to apply heat. “Setting the hair like this gives it texture to help create the look,” says Hoang.
- Once cool, remove the pins and apply Swept Up Volume Powder Spray ($42, launching April 2017) at the roots. “This product is amazing to exaggerate volume,” says Hoang.
- Brush out the crimped texture and then shape the hair with Free Styler Working Hairspray ($42, launching April 2017). “Free Styler is an invisible, working hairspray that gives light hold,” says Hoang.