To celebrate the start of New York Fashion Week, we're looking back on some of our favorite styles from past seasons.
For Fall/Winter 2017, Ryan Roche describes her collection as “hopelessly optimistic," with a statement-making bolder palette. James Pecis used Oribe Hair Care to create a pretty, yet less romantic and almost tomboy-like look to reflect the strong aesthetic of the collection.
Get the Look:
- Prep hair with Grandiose Hair Plumping Mousse from roots to ends to give hair structure, and blow dry hair.
- Create a deep side part that goes about an inch back. The rest will go into a low ponytail.
- Rub AirStyle Flexible Finish Cream into the hair to create separation and eliminate flyaways.
- Pull hair back into a low ponytail and secure with an elastic.
- Create a topsy tail, pulling the ponytail up inside through the center and tie it again. Then, loop it going back down and tie it again “to create almost vertical bow,” Pecis described.
- Pull out some baby hairs on the forehead for a windblown look.
- Finish with Superfine Hair Spray to hold the hair in place.
About: Oribe Hair Care was founded by renowned editorial and celebrity hairstylist Oribe and beauty industry veterans Daniel Kaner and Tev Finger with the goal of creating a new kind of hair company, one that was designed with the most talented salon professionals and the most discriminating customers in mind. When developing the line, we didn’t want to compromise on any detail. We leveraged skin care technology and natural actives to deliver high-performance, treatment-based products—all while never forgetting that healthy hair is the underpinning for sexy, glamorous styling. Each product has been tested at length on set, backstage and in the salon to ensure that it delivers results, leaving us with a best-in-class collection that truly meets the needs of the hair-obsessed.