This season, Redken Global Creative Director Guido capitalized on tousled texture at the Men's FW2017 Prada Show.
“This season at Prada, I drew inspiration from eccentric intellectuals. Each boy’s hair was prepped, but left individualized with a rough texture in an innocent way. The girls were treated in a similar fashion by keeping up their natural texture with a large barrel iron. Both the boys and girls were finished off with Redken Wind Blown 05 to keep the look airy and tousled.” – Guido
GET THE LOOK
LOOK 1 – MEN
- Prep the hair with Redken Go Clean Daily Care Moisturizing Shampoo For Men.
- Allow hair to try naturally to bring out its natural texture.
- Once hair is fully dry, spray in a good amount of Redken Wind Blown 05 for a wind-blown, dry-spun finish
- Using fingers, part hair at the top. Use a spray water bottle to dampen hair.
- Smooth hair at the crown with fingertips for a polished, 1920’s look.
LOOK 2 –WOMEN
- Start with damp hair. Create a natural middle part with your fingers.
- Add Redken Satinwear 04 Heat Protecting Blow Dry Lotion to protect hair from heat.
- Blow dry hair straight with a boar-bristled brush until dry.
- Then use Redken Wind Blown 05 to add texture to the hair.
- Using a large size curling iron create a soft, natural movement from the middle to end of the hair.
- Finish by tucking the hair behind the ear.
About: Redken 5th Avenue NYC is a professional haircare and haircolor company dedicated to providing inspiring education, groundbreaking products and unparalleled creativity for clients and stylists alike. With a backstage presence at Fashion Week in New York, London, Milan and Paris, Redken has become a leader in backstage beauty, creating the runway looks for the industry’s most prestigious designers. A unique mix of fashion, innovation and inspiration, Redken creates the buzz, sets the pace and establishes what’s new, what’s hot and what’s next in hair. To locate a Redken salon please log on to Redken.com. Please note, Redken products can only be guaranteed authentic when purchased from a salon. We request that you do not credit drugstores, ‘beauty websites’ or other unauthorized retailers. For more information, visit Redken.com, like Redken on Facebook or follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Periscope @Redken5thAve.