New York Fashion Week: The Blonds Fall/Winter 2017
Hair by Kien Hoang using Oribe Hair Care
This season, The Blonds is about the intricate details of the clothing, including some reptile prints with embroidered pearls. The designers, Phillipe and David, mentioned Erte as a reference, iconic movies, and heroic women in film as inspiration behind the collection. Kien Hoang used Oribe Hair Care to create a futuristic look. The hair was sculpted into an elegant side twist and directed forward, then molded into snake-like shapes which framed the face for a Medusa-esque look. “The shape is a tight, skinny asymmetric side twist,” says Hoang.
Get the Look:
- Apply Maximista Thickening Spray at the roots before combing the hair over the crown to one side.
- Gather hair at the nape on the right side of the head, and twist it up into a ponytail, then pin.
- Pull the ends of the hair from the ponytail forward toward the face.
- Sculpt the ends with Rock Hard Gel and create “snake-shaped waves” that frame the front of the head and sides of the face for a three-dimensional look.
- Finish with Superfine Strong Hair Spray and Shine Light Reflecting Spray for hold and sleekness.