To celebrate the start of New York Fashion Week, we're looking back on some of our favorite styles from past seasons.
Prabal Gurung AW’17 Backstage at New York Fashion Week with Wella Professionals Lead Stylist Anthony Turner
Inspiration: The models hit the runway for Prabal Gurung’s AW17 collection with sleek, powerful ponytails that perfectly complimented the multicolored furs, silks and knit sweaters that were showcased on the runway. The overall beauty look embodied a sense of strength featuring a vibrant eye and masculine pulled back hair which was a fitting tribute to Prabal’s runway finale. Wella Professionals Lead Stylist, Anthony Turner wanted to create “a very strong and androgynous look” with a downtown element to give it a New York feel. Turner describes the look as being, “homemade and has a sense of ease to it which is very necessary; a woman can achieve this at home.”
Get the Look:
- Prep hair by lightly spraying water throughout to dampen a bit.
- Apply Wella Professionals EIMI Sugar Lift throughout the entire head, layering densely into the hair.
- Next, begin to lightly blow dry hair to smooth out the look.
- Once dry, comb in a deep side part and apply Wella Professionals EIMI Rugged Texture throughout the hair for a matte finish.
- Using your hands, scrape the hair back into a ponytail in the middle of the back of the head.
- Wrap hair with elastic and once secured, add in some waves and texture with a curling iron for a duality in look (masculine in the front and feminine in the back)
- Finish the look using Wella Professionals EIMI Stay Firm.
About: For over 130 years, Wella has been delivering innovations and services that enable hairdressers’ creativity. The company’s story begins in 19th century Germany, with the vision and passion of one hairdresser, Franz Stroher. More information is available at www.wella.com.