This season, Redken Global Creative Director Guido capitalized on dark romance at Alberta Ferretti’s FW 2017 Show. “It’s classic Ferretti this season… the hair is very romantic. I was inspired by Venice and its romantic charm. There is a dark, gothic side to the look with the makeup, which the hair accentuates. I’ve curled the girls’ length for added texture then spritzed Wind Blown 05 all throughout the lengths for a drier texture. The braid is soft, loose, with nice pieces pulled out at the front – it’s really a look that any woman could recreate.” – Guido
GET THE LOOK:
- Create a center part using fingers.
- Allow hair to air dry. If hair is straight, use a curling iron on the length to add a little bit of texture.
- Spray Wind Blown 05 all throughout lengths, ends and at the crown for a dryspun, windblown texture.
- Loosely braid the length, starting at the nape of the neck until the ends of your hair. Secure with a black hair tie.
- Using fingers, pull out face-framing pieces around the crown and around the ears.
- Use a few bobby pins to pin back 1-2 face framing pieces, slightly behind each ear for a romantic look.
- For a light hold, finish with a spritz of Fashion Work 12 Hairspray.