This season, Redken Global Creative Director Guido capitalized on classic femininity at Tory Burch’s FW 2017 Show. “This season at Tory Burch, both Tory and I were inspired by Katharine Hepburn from the movie “Philadelphia Story”. I’ve prepped the hair with Diamond Oil Shampoo and Conditioner to give it a lot of shine. To me, very clean hair can enhance individual texture. I’ve pulled the hair back into a low ponytail, and added this thick black velvet ribbon from Tory to evoke a romantic, sophisticated, soft, pretty look. I’ve kept the hair at a center part vs. a side part, to give a more girly, feminine touch that very much speaks to the Tory Burch brand.” – Guido
GET THE LOOK
- Prep the hair with Diamond Oil Shampoo and Conditioner to cleanse the hair and add shine.
- Create a messy center part using fingertips.
- Apply Satinwear 04 to the top section of the hair and around the hairline.
- Using fingers, blow dry the hair downwards to smooth out any frizz. Use hands to flatten the hair at the top.
- Lightly blow dry the lengths of the hair, keeping its natural texture.
- Pull hair back into a low ponytail close to the nape of the neck. Secure with an elastic.
- If needed, use a curling iron sparingly throughout the length to create added texture.
- Tie a wide, black velvet ribbon around the elastic into a loose bow.
- Finish with a spritz of Fashion Work 12 Hairspray to keep the crown of the head smooth.
- If desired, use fingers to pull out a few face-framing baby hairs to soften the look.