Internationally renowned designer Vivienne Tam brought her F/W 2018 collection to lower Manhattan last night, showcasing a palette of vibrant colors, bold patterns and ultra-sleek hair. To echo Tam's interpretation of a chic female traveler, lead hairstylist and Moroccanoil Global Ambassador Antonio Corral Calero followed suit with a modern, wearable ponytail.
“This season, Vivienne Tam drew inspiration from the Himalayan culture. I wanted to work with her to create a hairstyle that was as personal as her designs," Calero says. "With these looks, we are bringing a sophisticated, modern take to the nomadic traveler, employing contraposition with enhanced texture and a sophisticated, modern feel."
Get the Look:
- On damp hair, use two pumps of Moroccanoil Treatment –or Moroccanoil Treatment Light for finer tones—to provide the perfect foundation for styling and comb through the hair.
- Section the hair into two-inch sections at the nape area horizontally, and apply Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse in a zig zag motion from the nape up to the ears in an uneven application to create both silkiness and texture.
- On a low heat setting, use the Moroccanoil Professional Ceramic Hair Dryer to blow dry the hair in sections to absorb the moisture.
- When the hair is 90% dry, part deeply in the middle, and apply 2-3 pumps of the Moroccanoil Mending Infusion in the palm of your hand and emulsify. Smooth the Mending Infusion down the top layer of the hair beginning at the root, maintaining texture at the crown of the hair.
- Using the Moroccanoil Ceramic Paddle Brush, comb the hair behind the ear and gather into a low ponytail.
- Wrap a hook elastic around the ponytail and taking a small piece of hair from underneath the ponytail in the nape area, wrap it around the elastic and secure it with a bobby pin.
- Holding the ponytail in one hand, take 4 fingers from the other hand and drag through crown area of hair from top to bottom roughing the hair up in the crown area. This gives a careless look to that area of the hair by untucking parts and removing some of the stiffness to give it an effortless feel.
- Using the front of the Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Teasing Brush, gently drape down the hairline on each side of the forehead to soften by creating controlled separation between each strand of the hair.
- Finish the look with Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray throughout the crown area and ponytail to enhance the texture of the look.