Earlier this week, Victoria Beckham brought her minimalist aesthetic to the runway for New York Fashion Week. Each of the pastel looks was paired with a glittery, Cinderella-like heel or mule, adding a subtle hint of luxury to the SS18 collection. Gudio Palau, (@guidopalau), Redken Global Creative Director styled the models' hair to truly embody the "Victoria Beckham Woman."
"The look displays her luxurious aesthetic, which complements the texture of the clothes," Guido says. "I prepped the girls’ hair the night before by having each of the models take home Redken Clean Maniac Clean-Touch Micellar Shampoo and Redken Clean Maniac Clean-Touch Conditioner to get the hair really clean, soft, and light to set the foundation of the look."
Get the Look:
- After prepping with Redken Clean Maniac Clean-Touch Micellar Shampoo and Redken Clean Maniac Clean-Touch Conditioner, finger- comb the hair at the top to get a loose, natural part.
- Pick up 1” sections on either side of the crown of the face and pull toward the back.
- Tie hair in a vertical loop by pulling hair halfway through the elastic.
- If needed, use a 1” curling iron throughout the lengths for added texture, including the bottom layers. If hair is straight, spritz a bit of Redken Wind Blown 05 throughout the length for added texture.
- Use fingers to loosen curls to create soft bends in the hair.
About: Redken 5th Avenue NYC is a professional haircare and haircolor company dedicated to providing inspiring education, groundbreaking products and creativity for clients and stylists alike. With a backstage presence at Fashion Week in New York, London, Milan and Paris, Redken has become a leader in backstage beauty, creating the runway looks for the industry’s most prestigious designers. A unique mix of fashion, innovation and inspiration, Redken creates the buzz, sets the pace and establishes what’s new, what’s hot and what’s next in hair. To locate a Redken salon please log on to Redken.com.