Drawing attention to a hot topic in today's society, Alexander Wang debuted his Americana-inspired collection to a packed crowd atop a South Street Seaport rooftop on Sunday night. Rather than an attempt to spark political debate, Wang's inspiration came from personal experience—his father immigrated to America more than 40 years ago.
For the first show in his off-season collection schedule, Wang brought '90s-era fashion—think metallics, mesh and leather—to the runway on model favorites like Kaia Gerber, Behati Prinsloo and Bella Hadid. Behind the scenes, Redken's Global Creative Director, Guido Palau, conceptualized the show's theme with intricate braids, texture and bandanas.
GET THE LOOK:
1. Start with clean hair.
2. Blow dry the hair with the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer, leaving the texture a bit messy with a center part.
3. Starting from the back of the head, apply Redken No Blow Dry section by section to add a bit of shine, texture and dimension. Apply a bit more throughout the lengths so that the product is really visible.
4. Spritz Redken Shine Flash 02 at the roots to help flatten down the hair, and then throughout the lengths for added shine and to give the hair a damp appearance.
5. Once the products have dried, spritz Redken Forceful 23 Hairspray throughout the lengths to hold the look.
6. Use a flatiron on the ends for a stronger, spiky appearance.
7. Tie a bandana around the forehead or use a bandana headband to finish the look.