Well-known editorial and runway stylist Ammon Carver, L’ANZA Global Creative Director, created strong street glam looks with an edge for the 5:31 Jerome Fall/Winter 2016 Collection. “Jerome is a fan of full, voluminous hair, and the women who dare to wear it,” said Carver. “As a result, the look is Brigitte Bardot inspired but it’s the classic bombshell with a playful bad girl attitude.
“This plays well off Jerome’s fashion vision and his well-known music world clients, and combines classic fullness and height directed further back at the crown, a deeper center part, and more defined modern ends,” explained Carver. “And the ways we achieved the look were also a bit edgier and using more progressive products.”
Creating The Look:
1. Start with a deep center part.
2. Take medium-sized sections at the crown, apply L'ANZA Healing Style Powder Up Texturizer at the new growth area for grip, control and volume close to the head. Instead of sprinkling the power, squeeze sides of the container so that product fluffs up in focused clouds for stronger, longer lasting height.
3. Next back-comb sections throughout the hair, using a small tooth-comb, and fluff up more L’ANZA Healing Style Powder Up Texturizer at the root as you work your way back and down. Spray teased and texturized hair with L'ANZA Keratin Healing Oil Lustrous Finishing Spray to gently lock in place.
4. Once hair has been backcombed and shaped for height and shape, take a medium sized curling iron and with a light touch create soft, loose waves from mid-length to ends quickly releasing hair as you work.
5. Clip waved sections in place to ensure lasting control, and allow them to cool.
6. To finish, lightly brush out the curls into loose waves, and smooth over the backcombing at top of the head, blending into the rest of the hair. Apply L'ANZA Keratin Healing Oil Hair Plumper with fingers to create detailed shine and modern definition on the ends.
About: L'ANZA was the first haircare brand to address individual hair needs through styling and color formulas designed to also treat hair and achieve therapeutic results. The proprietary formulations were designed around a revolutionary breakthrough – the Keratin Bond System (KBS). As a result, L'ANZA pioneered a whole new category of Healing Haircare, developing and using the Keratin Healing System to improve the condition and texture of hair. In 2007, L'ANZA introduced Healing Color, bringing healing effects to this vital salon service. For more info visit LANZA.com.