This season, Redken Global Creative Director Guido capitalized on a balance between masculinity and femininity at Bottega Veneta’s SS 2017 Show.
“For this look, I’ve started out using Redken’s Satinwear 04 to give the hair a sleek look during the blow dry. To complement the sleek look, we’re doing a bit of waves in the back, twisting the hair as it dries to make it natural. When the hair is fully dry, I’ve added a bit of Forceful 23 to clean up and help hold the look. As a finishing touch, we’ve tucked the hair behind the ears and added a pin or jewelry to one side. I think it’s a great masculine / feminine look. From the front, the hair is quite masculine, but then when you see it from the side, the jewelry and waves add a lot of femininity. This is a modern woman who is very pulled together in an elegant way.” – Guido
GET THE LOOK: MODERN ELEGANCE
1. Dampen hair with water.
2. Using fingers, create a clean natural part on the left side and make a square hairline around the forehead area.
3. Add a pea-sized amount of Satinwear 04 to damp hair to heat-protect and smooth hair.
4. Blow dry until top of head is smooth and allow the ends to dry naturally.
5. Create a two-inch French braid on the right side.
6. Secure the braid using a black elastic and bobby pins.
7. Insert the brooch into the French braid until secure. Note, the French braid should be completely covered by the brooch.
8. Use a curling iron in the back to help create loose, natural looking waves.
9. Tuck hair behind the ears to finish the look and use a bit of Forceful 23 Super Strength Hairspray to help hold the style.
About: Redken 5th Avenue NYC is a professional haircare and haircolor company dedicated to providing inspiring education, groundbreaking products and unparalleled creativity for clients and stylists alike. With a backstage presence at Fashion Week in New York, London, Milan and Paris, Redken has become a leader in backstage beauty, creating the runway looks for the industry’s most prestigious designers. A unique mix of fashion, innovation and inspiration, Redken creates the buzz, sets the pace and establishes what’s new, what’s hot and what’s next in hair. To locate a Redken salon please log on to Redken.com. Please note, Redken products can only be guaranteed authentic when purchased from a salon. We request that you do not credit drugstores, ‘beauty websites’ or other unauthorized retailers. Visit StyleSeat.com/Redken to book an appointment or buy authentic Redken products from your local salon. For more information, visit Redken.com, like Redken on Facebook or follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Shapchat and Periscope @Redken5thAve.