In a nod to Peggy Guggenheim’s 1943 “Exhibition by 31 Women,” the Jenny Packham Spring/Summer 2017 collection paid homage to 31 iconic and stylish women. The various designs were inspired by everyone from Frida Kahlo and Elizabeth Taylor to Stevie Nicks, and the hair, styled consistently across the 31 models, let the designs shine. Oribe Educator and lead stylist Kien Hoang created a youthful play on the effortless top knot to complement, not overpower, the line’s statement pieces.
Get the Look:
- Start by dividing the hair in two sections, with the front section going from the front of one ear and over the crown to the front of the other ear. Clip the front section to begin working on the back section.
- Prep the back section by spraying hair with Royal Blowout Heat Styling Spray throughout and Maximista Thickening Spray at the root.
- Pull the bottom section of hair into a clean, high ponytail at the top of the crown and secure with a long elastic cord, leaving a portion of the cord out.
- Release the front section and apply Grandiose Hair Plumping Mousse and Dry Texturizing Spray from roots to ends to bring out the hair’s natural movement. Add this section to the ponytail, securing with the remaining elastic cord so that the ponytail becomes one.
- Twist the ponytail into a top knot, leaving the ends loose. Secure with pins to mold the shape.
- Add a light mist of Imperméable Anti-Humidity Spray around the face, embracing any loose pieces that help give the look an easy feel.
- Finish with a small amount of Airstyle Flexible Finish Cream to define wisps and baby hairs for an individual look.