British actress Emilia Clarke has a new title to add to her IMBD profile: Qi'ra in Solo: A Star Wars Story. At last week's Los Angeles premiere, the 32-year-old actress arrived on the red carpet in an off-the-shoulder, burgundy Valentino gown with a stunning hairstyle to match.
Drawing inspiration from the volume and movement of Clarke's gown, celebrity stylist Adir Abergel crafted a hairstyle that mirrored the nature of the dress. "I wanted to create something that had the same kind of volume in the front of the hair, but cinched in the back to match the waste of the dress."
Get the Look:
- Start with Virtue Reparative Treatment Mask and leave it on for 7-10 minutes to repair the hair and give it shine and moisture.
- Use Kusco Murphy Volumizing Spray on the top section of the hair, targeting the roots specifically.
- Apply Hair Ritual by Sisley Precious Hair Oil from mid-shaft to ends prior to blow-drying the hair.
- Create a deep side part and dry the hair on medium heat until 80 percent dry.
- On high heat, use the dryer with a round brush to smooth out the hair and give it volume where needed.
- Once hair is dry, use a dime size amount of Virtue Polish Un-Frizz Cream all over the hair to eliminate any fly-aways.
- Take a thin side section of hair from both sides of the head by the ear, pull it back to the crown area until connected and secure with an elastic.
- Repeat the same step right below that section to make another layer and secure with an elastic.
- Sew in gold thread to embellish the sectioning of the hair and make a statement.