“Alexander Wang this season is about emphasizing individuality, character, and acknowledging every type of woman, whether boyish or feminine. The show has something for every girl and woman to relate to which is very inspiring. There are different characters, different kinds of beauty in one show. We cut and colored some of the models, creating fringes on some, and bleached or colored the hair bright orange on others. A lot of the shapes we created are based on the 70’s - a feather cut shag. I shampooed and conditioned the hair with Redken’s new Beach Envy Volume (available in salons March 2016), which gives the hair a great beachy texture. I emphasized the natural hair by letting it air dry and once dry, I sprayed Redken wax blast 10 all-over. For the show’s look, I didn’t want luminous hair; it’s got to feel cool.” – Guido, Redken Global Creative Director
GET THE LOOK
1. Shampoo and condition hair with Redken's NEW! Beach Envy Volume Shampoo and Conditioner (available in salons March 2016).
2. While hair is still damp, create a messy middle part using your fingers.
3. Lightly spray NEW! Redken Beach Envy Volume Wave Aid wave-styling enhancer on damp hair (available in salons March 2016) for added texture and beachy volume.
4. Tuck hair behind the ear on both sides and let hair air-dry naturally.
5. Once hair is fully dry, lightly spray Redken wax blast 10 high impact finishing spray-wax from mid-lengths to ends to create an undone, piecey texture and natural waves.
About: Redken 5th Avenue NYC is a professional haircare and haircolor company dedicated to providing inspiring education, groundbreaking products and unparalleled creativity for clients and stylists alike. With a backstage presence at Fashion Week in New York, London, Milan and Paris, Redken has become a leader in backstage beauty, creating the runway looks for the industry’s most prestigious designers. A unique mix of fashion, innovation and inspiration, Redken creates the buzz, sets the pace and establishes what’s new, what’s hot and what’s next in hair. To locate a Redken salon please log on to Redken.com. Please note, Redken products can only be guaranteed authentic when purchased from a salon. We request that you do not credit drugstores, ‘beauty websites’ or other unauthorized retailers. Visit StyleSeat.com/Redken to book an appointment or buy authentic Redken products from your local salon. For more information, visit Redken.com, like Redken on Facebook or follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Shapchat and Periscope @Redken5thAve.