“The look at Oscar de la Renta this season is almost like a soft painting that is meant to be super feminine, light and soft. It’s style without being too overt, like the timeless beauty of the Oscar woman. I wanted the feeling of product to be very light in the hair, as if the hair hasn’t been touched by anything. I used the new pillow proof blow dry express treatment primer to blow dry the hair and achieve this beautiful hold, then lightly misted wind blown 05 throughout for texture. I created a ponytail but initially left the front out which, when you pull these sections back, create this romance. We wanted the hair net to be part of the look to create that old-fashioned feel. At the end of the day, it’s easy and understated.” – Guido
1. Apply new pillow proof blow dry express treatment primer cream to damp, clean hair. Blow dry hair using a round brush until dry.
2. Using a comb, create a clean middle part. Lightly spray wind blown 05 dry finishing spray to dry hair for volume and grip.
3. Section hair into three sections: two on either side of the head from the ears forward, and the third the remaining hair toward the back of the head. Pull the back section into a mid-height ponytail, and secure with an elastic. Gently tug hair beneath the ponytail so it becomes loose and balloon-like in shape.
4. Gather each section on both sides of the head and gently pull toward the back of the head, letting the hair slightly fall over the ears. Secure sections into the ponytail elastic using pins.
5. Place a hair net overtop of the ponytail and twist hair into a mid-height chignon and secure with pins.
6. Lightly spray wind blown 05 dry finishing spray to hairline and overtop chignon for added hold and texture.
About: Redken 5th Avenue NYC is a professional haircare and haircolor company dedicated to providing inspiring education, groundbreaking products and unparalleled creativity for clients and stylists alike. With a backstage presence at Fashion Week in New York, London, Milan and Paris, Redken has become a leader in backstage beauty, creating the runway looks for the industry’s most prestigious designers. A unique mix of fashion, innovation and inspiration, Redken creates the buzz, sets the pace and establishes what’s new, what’s hot and what’s next in hair. For more info visit Redken.com.