"I’m always so inspired after and this year I couldn’t hold it in, so while in London, I created a disconnected two-tiered cut with a 70’s influence for my friend and fellow stylist Tammy,” explains Ruth Roche, Artistic Ambassador for Pureology Serious Colour Care.
Highlights From the London Inspired Cut
- Create three sections from front to back – top section will be longer so it falls over the middle section, middle section will be shorter than the top and the bottom section will be visually blended with a longer length around the edges.
- Cut middle section1 1Ž2” long.
- Blend short hair into the veil softly for invisible disconnection.
- Starting at the back of the ear, cut top section 3” straight across from crown to front hairline at a diagonal and over directed.
- Carve out a soft line around the ear.
“This was so much fun – I love when the creative juices are flowing and I have a willing subject in my chair…especially when it’s another stylist,” adds Roche.
Look for other inspirational tips and tricks on www.ruthroche.com.
Roche specializes in design/finishing trends and business – she’s as captivating in front of thousands as she is in an intimate in-salon setting. She is the winner of multiple North American Hairstyling Awards (NAHA) awards and has contributed to Milady’s Standard Textbook of Cosmetology. Stylists from around the world learn, grow and fuel their creative fire with her. She is an established celebrity stylist (Anne Hathaway, Claire Danes, Amy Adams, Pink, Jenna Fischer, Mariah Carey…) and maintains a loyal clientele at Cutler Salon in NYC.