CATWALK by TIGI, led by Thomas Osborn, created a “Dessert Drifter” look backstage at Jonathan Simkhai this Saturday, September 10th at The Arc. Jonathan Simkhai’s Summer/Spring 2017 collection fuses layers of slashed fabric with ornate embroidery and hand-beadwork to create unique statement pieces. Simkhai’s girl is effortlessly put together, a nomad desert drifter on the go.
“This look is all about creating texture that isn’t too polished. We wanted to keep hair down and natural-looking with an element of dry, roughness to highlight the collection inspired by beaches and deserts. The hair wrap adds a modern twist, evoking feelings of a distant place.” – Thomas Osborn
GET THE LOOK:
- Spray a generous amount of CATWALK by TIGI Texturising Salt Spray throughout dry hair to create a tousled, textured base. Blow-dry hair while combing through with fingers in a backwards and upwards motion.
- Next, divide hair at the nape. Wrap large sections of hair around a 1.5” curling iron without closing the clamp, leave ends out. After each section is released, gently rake through the hair with fingers to loosen the curl, creating an un-done bend. Use a flat iron on random pieces for a “just walked through the desert” look.
- Then, braid a small section of hair underneath the left ear and secure with an elastic. Measure a piece of thread that is 3 times the length of the braid. Beginning in the center of the thread at the top of the braid, wrap the thread around the braid in a criss-cross motion. Add in a large bead half-way down the braid by stringing it onto one side of the thread and tying a knot with the other. Finish with a second bead at the end of the braid.
- Create a second braid underneath with thread without adding beads and a random surface braid loosely though the back on the opposite side.
- Rub a dime-sized amount of CATWALK by TIGI Hairista cream throughout hands and rake through hair from mid-shaft to ends. Bend strands of hair as necessary to create a rough, messy look.
- Finish with CATWALK by TIGI Transforming Dry Shampoo & CATWALK by TIGI Work It Hairspray throughout to amplify texture and create grit.