Redken Global Creative Director Guido created two low chignons to add a youthful, modern twist to a traditionally sophisticated look at the Christian Dior Fall/Winter 2016 show.
“This is an elegant, polished Dior woman but with a simple and young charm to her. The look has a bit of a nod to the 1920s but in an unconventional way, giving a more youthful feel to an ‘older’ hairstyle. The part is exaggerated and deep on one side; it’s not a classical part. A bun felt too matronly so instead, I created two small knots, almost like a double chignon. I used guts 10 to add volume to the roots and forceful 23 to hold the look in place.” – Guido
STEP BY STEP
1. Starting with damp hair, create a clean, deep side part on left side of head. Apply Redken guts 10 volume spray foam to the hairline.
2. Blow dry hair straight using a round brush.
3. Create a clean middle section in the back and separate into two ponytails, one on either side of the head. Using fingers, comb through each ponytail to create a rich, easy look. Secure each ponytail with an elastic.
4. Twist each ponytail into a tight, low knot, ensuring they are symmetrical on both sides of the head and situated directly beneath the ear. Secure each knot with pins.
5. Spray Redken forceful 23 super strength hairspray for lasting hold.
6. At the hairline on the right side, use a brush to gently loosen a small section of hair. Using fingers, push section backward to create slight lift and a matte, natural look.
About: For over 50 years Redken’s foundation has been based on extensive scientific knowledge and the belief in, and support of, the expertise of salon professionals. Redken provides salon professionals with innovative products, inspiring education and exclusive salon programs to be as successful and profitable as possible. Located in New York, Redken is also at the forefront of trends and has created a strong relationship with the fashion industry. As a result, Redken has become a leader in backstage beauty, creating the runway looks for the industry’s most prestigious designers. A unique mix of fashion, innovation and inspiration, Redken provides salon professionals and consumers the ultimate professional edge. For more information, click here.