The best way to teach guests how to style hair at home is to walk them through how to do it themselves while in the salon. Watch Ruth Roche, Artistic Ambassador for Pureology Serious Colour Care, show Courtney Bright (our new associate digital editor) from darlingtwo.com how to create a new french twist:
“The French Twist…Bridget Bardot…still didn’t try too hard look is really popular right now, and it’s really easy to do,” says Roche.
A New Twist
1. Spray hair with Pureology Pure Volume Instant Levitation Mist on damp hair and rough dry.
2. Use thumbs to section a horseshoe section on top and clip back to hold. Do the same for a section from ear to ear.
3. Take the last 1/3 of hair and put in in a ponytail, twist it up towards top of head and secure with 2-3 bobby pins into the twisted part.
4. Unclip middle section and pull straight back, twist and secure with pins in the twisted part.
5. Unclip the top section and backcomb it to create volume.
6. Pull back one side and pin it (the side with less hair if wearing a side part).
7. Use fingers to position the remaining hair in front into place and loosely pull back and secure with pins.
8. Finish with Pureology Strengthening Control Zero Dulling Hairspray to lock in all the work.
This new twist has a retro vibe with volume and texture, yet its finish is modern for today. Look for other tips and tricks on www.ruthroche.com.
About: Roche specializes in design/finishing trends and business – she’s as captivating in front of thousands as she is in an intimate in-salon setting. She is the winner of multiple North American Hairstyling Awards (NAHA) awards and has contributed to Milady’s Standard Textbook of Cosmetology. Stylists from around the world learn, grow and fuel their creative fire with her. She is an established celebrity stylist (Anne Hathaway, Claire Danes, Amy Adams, Pink, Jenna Fischer, Mariah Carey…) and maintains a loyal clientele at Cutler Salon in NYC.