Aveda Global Creative Director, Antoinette Beenders, creates a ripple effect at the TOME Spring/Summer 2017 Show.
TOME designers Ryan Lobo and Ramon Martin were feeling nostalgic for their past muses, from whom they’ve always drawn inspiration: Louise Bourgeois, Georgia O’Keefe, Shirin Neshat, and Madonna, to name a few.
“The goal was simply to enhance each girl’s natural look,” says Beenders. “Damage Remedy™ Split End Repair helped tame fly-aways and add a bit of polish to waves. “It gives health and integrity to the hair; it’s perfect for the modern girl on the go.”
How to Get the Look
- Apply NEW Damage Remedy™ Split End Repair to the ends of completely dry hair to instantly draw and bind separated ends back together and help prevent new splits from forming.
- Create a middle part then spritz Thickening Tonic all over hair.
- Wrap one-inch-wide sections of hair around a large-barrel curling iron.
- To form ripples rather than corkscrews, Beenders holds the iron horizontally to the head before winding strands around the barrel, making sure to keep the ends out of the heat.
- Work another pea-size drop of NEW Damage Remedy™ Split End Repair through ends for a piece-y effect.
- Mist finished look with Air Control™ hair spray
About: Founded in 1978 in Minneapolis, MN, Aveda creates high performance, botanically based products for beauty professionals and consumers. Aveda has pioneered new benchmarks of environmental responsibility in beauty. More than half of the fastest growing and best-run salons in the U.S. are Aveda distributors. Aveda products are available in Aveda Experience Centers and more than 8,000 professional hair salons and spas in more than 30 countries and at www.aveda.com.