As a nod to the 70s, Redken Global Creative Director Guido achieved a messy yet sophisticated hair knot at Tory Burch’s Fall/Winter 2016 show.
“Tory Burch’s show is a nod to the 70’s in a very modern way. She has an easy idea about beauty – almost like a woman in a movie. Nowadays, to do sophisticated hair, it has to be easy, whether a knot or ponytail. This idea of ease with your hair is very much still on trend. My key product for this show is Redken’s wind blown 05 which helps to create this understated yet chic look. I used my fingers instead of a comb to part the hair so it appears more natural-looking, and then secured the hair into a ponytail which I texturized with wind blown 05 to add more control to clean hair. With messy hair, it’s all about the intention; this look can easily be gym hair but when paired with the right dress, it becomes something special. The ease of your hair will make you look super sophisticated and current, it’s important not to overthink it.” – Guido
GET THE LOOK
1. Starting with dry hair, use a blow dryer to briefly dry hair around the hairline to create a clean line.
2. Spray Redken wind blown 05 dry finishing spray all throughout hair for added volume and texture.
3. Using your fingers, create a clean middle part and pull hair back into a low ponytail. Secure hair with an elastic.
4. Generously spray ponytail with Redken wind blown 05 dry finishing spray for added grip and an airy texture. Gently pull hair on sides of the head and top of ponytail to release tension and create a subtle lift.
5. Twist the ponytail into a loose, low knot and secure with several pins, leaving out the ends to create a messy finished look. Lightly mist the knot and hairline once more with Redken wind blown 05 dry finishing spray for added structure. Pull out small strands of hair around the face to loosen the finished look.
About: For over 50 years Redken’s foundation has been based on extensive scientific knowledge and the belief in, and support of, the expertise of salon professionals. Redken provides salon professionals with innovative products, inspiring education and exclusive salon programs to be as successful and profitable as possible. Located in New York, Redken is also at the forefront of trends and has created a strong relationship with the fashion industry. As a result, Redken has become a leader in backstage beauty, creating the runway looks for the industry’s most prestigious designers. A unique mix of fashion, innovation and inspiration, Redken provides salon professionals and consumers the ultimate professional edge.