This season, Redken Global Creative Director Guido capitalized on romance at Valentino’s PFW SS 2017 Show.
“We’re doing a long, romantic braid at the Valentino show. On clean hair, we’re braiding using Wind Blown 05 to help texturize. Then we’re slightly waving the front around the hairline with a curling iron. It’s a very soft, very romantic, very feminine, very girly, very desirable finished look. It’s slightly Victorian-inspired, but in a 1970’s way.” – Guido
GET THE LOOK: TEXTURED BRAID
- On clean hair, create a clean center part with fingers. Allow hair to fully air-dry.
- Use a curling iron to curl random sections of hair to achieve movement.
- Curl each of the front 1-inch sections of hair, away from the face.
- Pull two 1-inch sections of hair from the front, cross over in the back and secure with a bobby pin on each side.
- SprayWind Blown 05on the back length of hair for added airy texture.
- Starting below the pinned sections of hair, loosely braid the length of hair and secure with a hair tie.
- Use fingers to create added volume and texture throughout the crown of hair.
About: Redken 5th Avenue NYC is a professional haircare and haircolor company dedicated to providing inspiring education, groundbreaking products and unparalleled creativity for clients and stylists alike. With a backstage presence at Fashion Week in New York, London, Milan and Paris, Redken has become a leader in backstage beauty, creating the runway looks for the industry’s most prestigious designers. A unique mix of fashion, innovation and inspiration, Redken creates the buzz, sets the pace and establishes what’s new, what’s hot and what’s next in hair. To locate a Redken salon please log on to Redken.com. Please note, Redken products can only be guaranteed authentic when purchased from a salon. We request that you do not credit drugstores, ‘beauty websites’ or other unauthorized retailers. Visit StyleSeat.com/Redken to book an appointment or buy authentic Redken products from your local salon. For more information, visit Redken.com, like Redken on Facebook or follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Shapchat and Periscope @Redken5thAve.