Staying true to the brand heritage, EDUN’s Fall/Winter 2016 collection celebrated organic fabrics and artisanal craftsmanship. “The inspiration for the hair was Morocco, diversity, and taking handmade artisanal items and incorporating them into fashion,” said lead hairstylist James Pecis for Oribe Hair Care. To complement the clothes, Pecis created a beautifully textured ponytail that was “light and airy.” On some of the models he incorporated reworked buttons as hair accessories to reflect the theme of the show.
Get the Look:
1. Prep the hair with The Cleanse Clarifying Shampoo and Essential Antidote Replenishing Conditioner to create a clean, soft base.
2. Spray Maximista Thickening Spray section by section from roots to ends, focusing more on the mid-shaft to ends to start creating texture.
3. Create a soft center part.
4. Using a mid-sized iron, create natural looking waves, alternating directions towards the face and away from the face. Once you’ve completed the whole head, gently break up the waves with your hands.
5. Work Surfcomber Tousled Texture Mousse from mid-shaft to ends to create even more grit and lived-in texture.
6. Create a low ponytail and secure with an elastic the same shade as the hair. When in doubt, go a shade darker.
About: Oribe Hair Care was founded in 2009 by renowned hairstylist Oribe Canales and industry veterans Daniel Kaner and Tevya Finger. Oribe Hair Care crafts exclusive artisanal blends of the finest hair formulations for the glamorous and hair-obsessed. Built upon a rich heritage of hairstyling, fashion and artistry, this truly unique collection was created for taste-driven individuals who know that personal style, perfectly expressed and paired with excellence, is the ultimate luxury. To learn more visit oribe.com