“The collection has the ultimate cool girl vibe, so we wanted to give the hair an effortless and romantic feel," said DiMaggio. "I left the hair slightly undone and created textured waves to match the freeness of the silhouettes in the clothing. I chose to create a deep side part and pin it back to echo a sense of youthfulness which also comes through in the collection. Ultimately it was a beautiful collaboration with Jade on crafting this chic look"
- Quickly blow-dry the hair pulling at the root in an upwards motion to create volume.
- Part the hair in a deep side part.
- Start with a ½ inch section at the nape of the head and spray the hair with NEW Davines Your Hair Assistant Perfecting Hairspray as you go through each section of hair.
- Using a 1.5 inch flat iron, create “push waves” by clasping the flat iron starting ¼ of the way down from the root. Then twist your wrist over, pulling the hair vertically and rotating as you go.
- Hold the tip of the section with your other hand by pulling the remaining hair in the opposite direction.
- Create these push waves all over the entire head.
- Finish the look with NEW Davines Your Hair Assistant Volume Creator and Brush all over the hair to enhance the waves
- Place a bobby pin on the heavier side of the part to hold the hair back. Give the waves a final tousle with your fingers.
Photos via @alwaysjudging Instagram.
Lead Hair Stylist: Joseph DiMaggio, Master Session Ambassador for Davines North America
About Davines: Founded in Parma, Italy in 1983 by the Bollati family, Davines started as a research laboratory, producing high-end hair care products for renowned cosmetic companies worldwide. After a decade of honing their expertise, they began creating their own brand of Davines hair care products exclusively for salons, which are now available in over 70 countries in the most exclusive salons. Since the beginning, Davines has focused on crafting quality products that are specifically engineered to work, and express the company’s distinctive style and spirit. Beauty + Sustainability is the inspiring concept for all Davines projects, from product formulation and design, to company ethics and salon education. “By creating beauty sustainability, we encourage people to take care of themselves, of the environment in which they live & work, of the things they love.” We are partnered with 1% for the Planet and Slow Food and Davines has a Zero Impact policy. Visit: www.davines.com