It won't surprise any professional that's been closely watching the huge resurgence of barbershops, that today's male clientele seems to be requesting more and more styling options. These styles need to be both versatile and masculine to keep clients happy.
Even though we've seen a ton of longer, messier styles on the runways, many male clients are looking for a more sleek, structured style. Today, David Shablesky, Moroccanoil Senior Education Developer Manager walks us through the block graduation technique—a styling approach that creates a strong, structured shape through the interior with polished graduation around the perimeter.
Cut and style
1. Define a side part.
2. Create a delta section along the parietal ridge. Secure the hair above the section with styling clips.
3. Establish a block graduation guideline below the delta section.
4. Use the scissor-over-comb technique to blend the hair underneath into the block graduation guideline.
5. Detail around the sideburn and ear area.
6. Use point cutting to detail the perimeter.
7. Create a square layer through the interior, above the delta section.
8. Blow-dry the hair. Finish the hair with Moroccanoil Molding Cream.
Credit: David Shablesky, Moroccanoil Senior Education Development Manager
Film/Edit by Nathalie Garcia