NYFW Spring/Summer 17: BROCK COLLECTION - Hair by James Pecis for Oribe Hair Care
The dusty, starchy hair texture seen on the runway for Brock Collection’s Spring/Summer 2017 line was not without purpose as the clothing collection was inspired by Southern California’s Joshua Tree National Park and the colors embodying those of a desert sunset. Lead stylist James Pecis used several Oribe products to achieve a subtle victory-roll style complementary to that light, airy aesthetic.
Get the Look:
- Prep hair with Maximista Thickening Spray from roots to ends, and blow-dry smooth while creating volume on top.
- Wave the hair in alternating directions using a 1 1Ž4-inch wand.
- Divide hair into three front sections—the top section (temple to temple, ending at the top of the crown) and two side sections that go from the top of the crown to behind the top of each ear.
- Sprinkle Swept Up Volume Powder Spray (Spring 2017) into the roots of each section to give hair texture.
- Spray Gold Lust Dry Shampoo at the roots of the three sections to catch baby hairs if needed.
- Starting with the top section, direct hair straight up and secure with an elastic several inches from the root. Twist the hair and push it forward to create a bubble (a version of a victory roll), securing with two bobby pins through the elastic.
- Repeat on each of the side sections, ensuring that each section appears separate.